Article: How do you import data from a previous Staff Leave Planner?
Article Summary: "This article describes how to import data from a previous Staff Leave Planner into your new planner."
The Staff Leave Planner will allow you to import data from a previous planner. The import routine will transfer across:
- All of the data on your "Employee Data" worksheet.
- All of your leave categories and keycodes.
- All of your settings e.g. calendar settings, column setup, your admin password (if applicable), etc
You can only perform the import when you initially setup the planner.
How to Import Data from a previous planner
- Open up your Staff Leave Planner.
- Click on the red "Click here to setup the Staff Leave Planner" button.
- If you choose to, accept the license agreement and click next.
- Choose the option "I want to import employee data, keycodes and settings from a previous planner" and click next.
- A file browser dialog will be shown. Browse to the planner that you wish to import the data from and click on the "Open" button.
- On the final setup screen you can choose some options around national holidays and set your company name.
- Click on the "Setup the Planner" button to complete the setup. The planner will then import your detail across
After the importing has completed you may wish to check the data that has been transferred to the Employee Data sheet, as the planner will copy across all employee information.